MLP Index® (TMLP)
The Tortoise MLP Index® is a float-adjusted, capitalization-weighted index of energy master limited partnerships (MLPs). The index is comprised of publicly traded companies organized in the form of limited partnerships or limited liability companies engaged in transportation, production, processing and/or storage of energy commodities.
- Methodology Summary:
- Modified float-adjusted, market-capitalization weighting
- No single issuer greater than 7.5% and no affiliated MLP family greater than 15% in aggregate as of the rebalance reference date
- Key Eligibility Requirements:
- Publicly traded, organized as a limited partnership or a limited liability company, and classified as an "energy MLP"
by Tortoise Index Solutions
- Market capitalization of $200 million
- Domicile in the United States and listed on the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ or NYSE MKT
- Must pay a distribution greater than or equal to their minimum quarterly distribution at time of index inclusion