North American Oil & Gas Producers IndexSM (TNEP)
The Tortoise North American Oil & Gas Producers IndexSM is a float-adjusted, capitalization-weighted index of North American energy companies primarily engaged in the production of crude oil, condensate, natural gas or natural gas liquids (NGLs). The index includes exploration and production companies structured as corporations, limited liability companies and master limited partnerships, but excludes United States royalty trusts.
- Methodology Summary:
- Modified float-adjusted, market-capitalization weighting
- No single issuer greater than 5% as of the rebalance reference date
- Key Eligibility Requirements:
- Majority of assets, cash flow or revenue associated with exploration, development, drilling, completion or production of crude oil, condensate, natural gas or NGLs
- Organized under the laws of, or maintains its principal place of business in, the United States or Canada.
- Market capitalization of $1 billion at inclusion
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, NYSE MKT or Toronto Stock Exchange